Vehicle Closures Engineer
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 7 years
OCCUPATION TYPE: Full Time
- Develop the engineering schedule & manage the resources.
- Review/Approve 3D CAD & 2D Drawings, develop & present design reviews to internal/external team members.
- Approve test reports and conduct reliability, risk, and safety analysis.
- Manages product engineering, design and release for Vehicle Closures Systems including structure, glass/glaze, molding, and mechanisms.
- Lead timing, cost, weight, function and quality for a complete Vehicle Sealing system.
- Integrates and program manages engineering service partners for a complete Vehicle Sealing system including CAE development. Coaches and mentors
- internal and external engineers and designers.
- CAD and CAE management in collaboration with vehicle integration.
- Plans for parts and assemblies timing alignment with overall program timing plan and mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Provide support with feasibility and section proposals to clearly instruct Design/Engineering team.
- Maintains up-to-date BOM (Bill of Material) for all assigned parts.
- Perform feasibility checks with respect to material, manufacturing & design perspective.
- Well versed with ASME or relevant standard & methodology.
- Responsible for the final deliveries and quality.
- Provides updates on timing and program updates, roadblocks to management team as required.
- Experience with DFMEA and DVP&R’s.
- Verify styling theme feasibility (manufacturing, ergonomics, serviceability, safety & regulatory requirements)
- BSME required, Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of Vehicle Sealing experience is required. OEM or major Tier 1 experience strongly preferred.
- CATIA V5-V6 release experience required, Expert Knowledge Preferred
- Cradle to grave experience starting from concept design up to post-launch support is a must.
- Dimensional Management and Dimensional Checking experience preferred.
- Strong people skills required. Team leader experience is a must.
- Experience in Team Center / PLM preferred
- Microsoft Suite knowledge required.
- Works well in a cross-functional team environment.
WORKING AT INDI EV
Other than offering endless snacks and coffee, we provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.