Senior Electric Propulsion Controls Engineer
We are seeking a senior level Engineer to lead the propulsion/powertrain system controls team to develop a vehicle control unit (VCU) software, hardware and calibration for an electric vehicle.
- Develop the VCU software architecture, modeling and application-layer software for an all-wheel-drive electric propulsion system
- Perform the VCU software – hardware integration and validation with support of VCU hardware supplier and engineering service partner
- Implement VCU strategy and functionality and conduct calibration for vehicle drivability, energy management, propulsion performance, torque monitoring, system health monitoring, diagnosis and fault handling, etc.
- Support sourcing of VCU software/hardware and other related controllers
- Collaborate with other functional teams to set vehicle function and performance targets
- Lead development of MIL, SIL and HIL and APQP (DFMEA and DVP&R, etc.) for VCU
- BS degree in engineering, mathematics, physics and other relevant fields required. Advanced degrees preferred;
- Minimum three years of experience in development of VCU software for electric vehicles
- Hand-on experience in model-based software development with Matlab/Simulink or similar tools
- Working level knowledge of automotive controls software development process
- Understand the working principle of the automotive electric propulsion system
- Familiar with functional safety (ISO 26262) preferred
- Systems thinking capability preferred
- Working level experience of vehicle dynamics/stability controls preferred
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to email@example.com.
Working at Indi EV
We provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
INDI EV, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.