Media Relations Manager
We are looking for a Media Relations Manager who is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing strategies of company-media relations, including selecting the best fit media companies to collaborate with, build relations with them, and following up with media events afterwards. Your duties include coordinating the efforts of various media companies and the marketing team, training internal team members and supporting the General Manager in the development of strategic plans for building media connections with INDI EV.
- Create and manage a media relation plan, including budgets, timelines, etc.
- Select the best media companies to work with based on their previous performances, industry fit and build a strong relationship with them.
- Supervise the execution, monitoring and measurement of media events and their success.
- Analyze all media coverage from all companies and draft appropriate responses.
- Work with team members to generate and create content for press articles, website articles, and social media content.
- Develop and maintain close media relations to improve press efforts.
- Write pitches, backgrounders, press releases, key messages, and blog posts.
- Improve new media events and relations using data and feedback from existing and previous projects.
- Identify proactive trade stories, business as well as consumer media.
- Propose ideas proactively for media pitches to stimulate media coverage.
- Assemble press kits, plan and oversee press events.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Regularly communicate media updates to the General Manager as needed.
Requirements of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant marketing, business or media related field.
- 5+ years of experience of managing media relations.
- Proficiency with marketing, social, media tools.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google suites.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, audience uploads to ad managers, etc.
- Highly organized with proven strength in project management.
- Proven ability to juggle myriad responsibilities and deliver on deadline.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment.
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to email@example.com
Working at Indi EV
We provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
INDI EV, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.