Electrical Systems Engineer Body Control
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 5 years
OCCUPATION TYPE: Full Time
Focus on body electronics system solution for battery electric vehicle. Work on system requirements, specifications, design, implementation, testing, and calibration etc. Ensure the vehicle and system level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
- Fulfill the body electronics system design, development, and integration tasks.
- Develop body electronics system requirements. Determine technical specifications for system and major components including the control of doors, locks, windows, mirrors, seats, exterior lighting, interior lighting, vehicle access, and climate etc. Determine requirements in power, communication, diagnostics, electromagnetic compatibility, packaging, and environment etc.
- Determine body electronics system solution. Design system architecture, power network, and communication network etc. Source components and perform system integration with support from multiple suppliers and engineering service partners.
- Develop test plans for verification and validation of system functions, diagnostics, and communication etc. Perform simulation, testing, calibration, and investigate malfunctions.
- Collaborate with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost reduction tasks.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in body electronics system design, development, and testing.
- Strong grasp of electrical and control system fundamentals. Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks including LIN, CAN, and automotive Ethernet etc. Working knowledge of diagnostics and communication tools, and major CAD software.
- Working knowledge of DFMEA, functional safety analysis, ISO 26262 etc.
- Ability to coordinate and work with suppliers and engineering service companies for system design and implementation.
- Good verbal and written language skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
WORKING AT INDI EV:
Other than offering endless snacks and coffee, we provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.