Electric Powertrain Systems Engineer
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Occupation Type: Full Time
Focus on electric powertrain system solution for battery electric vehicle. Work on system requirements, specifications, design, implementation, testing, and calibration etc. Ensure vehicle and system-level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various departments to set vehicle function and performance target.
- Determine specifications of the electric powertrain system and major components, including motor, inverter, gearbox and motor control unit etc., to fulfill vehicle function and performance target. Develop powertrain system and vehicle dynamics models and perform necessary simulation to support the task.
- Work on electric powertrain system solution. Perform system design, development, and integration. Support purchasing team in sourcing and cost reduction tasks.
- Source components and perform system integration with the support of suppliers and engineering service partners. Collaborate with related departments to ensure safety, compliance, efficiency, and cost etc.
- Develop test plans for verification and validation of system functions, diagnostics, and communication etc. Perform simulation, testing, and calibration. Analyze testing result and investigate malfunctions. Ensure the design and testing result of powertrain system and sub-systems meet vehicle requirements. Develop system documentations such as DFMEA, DVP&R etc.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in electric powertrain system design, development, and testing.
- Knowledge of motor, inverter, battery, vehicle dynamics and control theory. Good grasp of vehicle electrical system development process, systems engineering, modeling, simulation, testing and calibration.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks. Working knowledge of diagnostics and communication tools and major CAD software.
- Working knowledge of DFMEA, functional safety analysis, ISO 26262 etc.
- Ability to coordinate and work with suppliers and engineering service companies for system design and implementation.
- Good verbal and written language skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
Working at Indi EV
Other than offering endless snacks and coffee, we provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to email@example.com.
INDIEV Recruiting 12/08/2021