CAE Project Engineer
Minimum Experience: 7 years
Occupation Type: Full Time
- Support engineering teams with design direction based on completed analyses.
- Providing input in the creation of component specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents where analysis plays a pivotal role.
- Perform analysis for feasibility for manufacturing, assembly and service processes.
- Collaboratively work with test engineers, and Body Dynamic Loads Prediction engineers, to create specifications for data acquisition and virtual loads prediction. Test and analytical data must be suitable for use as load input for CAE based Fatigue and Strength analysis.
- Use CAE tools to optimize mass for BIW, closures, and other sub-systems.
- Providing CAE support through build of FE models to the finest details.
- Develop strength and durability FE models for analysis and optimization of vehicle architectures.
- Drive the vehicle designs with CAE, while balancing all applicable Global Safety Requirements for specific area of responsibility (Frontal impact & Side Impact like FMVSS).
- Perform advanced CAE simulations to evaluate and enhance full vehicle crashworthiness performance in conjunction with occupant safety.
- Develop and support subsystem level & full vehicle crash tests in line with standard protocols and best practices.
- Perform post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE to test results.
- Develop appropriate highly predictable failure models of materials and Joints to enable good correlations with physical tests.
- Conduct optimization studies by utilizing optimization CAE tools, including DOE/ DFSS techniques on vehicle designs to meet performance requirements with the constraints of mass and cost.
- Produce concise management summaries and report-outs that meet the needs of management system functions.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated successful experience with at least 1 automotive product lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Good understanding of Global regulatory and NCAP protocols and performance requirements specific to Frontal and Side impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct complex crash test scenarios with good logic and analytics.
- Experience with either Design Life, or FE Safe fatigue software. Vibration-based fatigue experience preferred.
- Experience with Aluminum structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
- Deep knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics, Material science and Numerical Methods within an automotive product development environment.
Working at Indi EV
We provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to email@example.com.