The CAD Engineer/Designer will have a proven track record for design and development of automotive parts and systems. Must show demonstrated knowledge of design and engineering Best Practices and is skilled in CAD (CATIA) and Data Management System/Smart Team. Ideal candidate will have cross-systems experience in; Interior, Exterior, BIW, Powertrain and Electrical package.
- Design parts from initial design to prototype phase, and production
- Create CAD data (models) of closure / exterior / Interior components.
- Applies manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and integration knowledge to parts and subsystem designs;
- Actively participate in design reviews and work closely with engineers and designers to achieve product design requirements
- Documents and maintains material, mass, and other part specifications within the CAD file;
- Create Typical and Master Section to ensure design is feasible, and manufacturable
- Able to create alternate designs and recommendations where initial design is not feasible.
- Create and manage EBOM (Engineering Bill of Materials), including material selection and finish
- Coordinate release of engineering changes, and appropriate documentation
- Provide weekly updates of progress, goals and roadblocks
- Apply budget constraints as part of the engineering design process and design low cost solutions.
- Able to work within a cross-functional team to achieve goals
- Verify styling theme feasibility (manufacturing, ergonomic, service, safety, regulatory etc.)
- Understand and update Engineering documentation such as TES’s (Tech. Spec’s), DFMEA’s (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and DVP’s (Design Verification Plan) DFM (Design for Manufacture).
- Able to coordinate and complete mock-up of parts for evaluation and able to work closely with suppliers to achieve goals
- Track open issues via issue tracking process, drive communication to closure of issues
- Plan for parts timing alignment with overall program timing plan
- Excellent communication skills and team player approach required to consult with colleagues and supervisor as required; report and escalate major issues immediately to Supervisor
- Able to develop criteria sections for future vehicles
- Conduct vehicle benchmark studies / technical research of competitive products, present findings and suggest recommendations
- Generate assembly illustrations using CATIA and other office tools to help engineers establish proper assembly processes of motor components and related systems. Make necessary updates to existing 3D models and 2D prints.
- Assist engineers with executing 3D packaging studies in vehicle environment to ensure electric motor components meet necessary clearance requirements.
- Assist engineers in completion of designs, assemblies, and drawings for test and assembly fixtures; assist engineers in release and change management system.
- Other duties, as assigned.|
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or 3+ years of experience desired
- Component Design/Engineering Development
- CATIA V5 experience required and Teamcenter experience preferred
- Experience or knowledge of root cause analysis or Design of Experiment
- Previous Design Release Engineer experience in Product Engineering required
- Previous assembly plant launch experience preferred
- Dimensional Management and Dimensional Checking experience preferred.
- Understanding of GD&T required
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience in developing and working Criteria Development Section (Typical Sections)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and others
- Experience or knowledge of forming processes such as stamping, injection moldings, casting, and extrusions
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
To apply for this job, send your resume and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Indi EV
We provide our people with full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Work/life balance is also key, so we offer solid paid vacation time. All jobs are located onsite at our HQ in Los Angeles.
INDI EV, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.